Bangkok Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
Want to really feel the bustling and energetic soul of Bangkok? Tours that we offer get you up close with and personal with our city, all with a local expert guide. From exploring our history on a Bangkok cycling tour, to wandering the back streets of some authentic local markets, to taking in the beauty of local temples by tuk-tuk! This city is an explosion for your senses, a mix of sights, sounds and smells. A city that we love and can't wait to share with you. Take a Bangkok day tour with a difference!
Bangkok tours open up a contradicting, yet fascinating dichotomy of being a high-tech bustling metropolis, with a strong adherence to rich cultural traditions. Set on the Chao Phraya River, you can view the boats hustle, bobble and meander its people and produce along its waters, while the iconic tuk-tuks and 30,000 taxis carry others through the vibrant Bangkok streets. Be sure to check out some of the experiential Bangkok tours we have on offer.
Age old customs are maintained in stark contrast to the modern skyscrapers and futuristic overland metro system. Saffron robed monks still wander the streets of a busy morning, some still living in simple stilt houses on the river. A sprawling city, most Bangkok sightseeing tours only touch the surface of what this 1,500 square kilometre city has beneath the surface. With more than 10 million people calling it home, it is one of the worlds largest. Be sure to have your camera handy when you tour Bangkok. And, if you time things well, you could end up in Bangkok for Songkran, the Thai new year festival. It's one of the most vibrant times of year in Bangkok, and a great time to visit.
If you're short on time, here's what we recommend if you only have 24 hours in Bangkok.
To fly to Bangkok check Bangkok flights.
from 16 reviews
From THB 1,926.00
Had enough pad Thai to last a lifetime? Join this Bangkok tour to experience the Chinese food, culture and architecture of the Chinatown area. Be bamboozled by the market scene, see shops that sell nothing but religious paraphernalia, and try foods you've never heard of before!more...
Tuk Tuk Experience
from 9 reviews
From THB 1,571.00
Try to imagine Bangkok without the tuk tuks? It's just not the same is it? Join this Bangkok tour which uses everyones favourite compact 'car' to see some of the city's best bits.more...
Bangkok by Bike
from 10 reviews
From THB 1,555.60
Do your bit to relieve traffic congestion in Thailand's capital by joining this Bangkok tour that trades in the tour bus for the humble bicycle. Cycle through Bangkok's backstreets, along canals, past temples, and houses to see a side of this city that few visitors get to see.more...
Temple & River of Kings
from 16 reviews
From THB 2,223.00
In between the skyscrapers, towers, traffic and buzz of humanity, Bangkok hides a secret: a network of waterways that you can travel on without the stress of fighting traffic. Join this Bangkok tour to ride a longtail boat along the canals to see another side of Thailand's relentless capital.more...
Royal Ploughing Ceremony
Place: Sanam Luang - [ 01/05/2015 - 31/05/2015 ]
This special Hindu-influenced event takes place to signify the start of the rice-growing season. Attended by the King, ceremonial dress is donned and Royal Plough is taken through Bangkok's Sanam Luang Park by sacred oxen, which is done to help bring an abundant crop the following season.The National Mother’s Day of Thailand
[ 12/08/2015 ]
The National Mother’s Day of Thailand is on August 12th of every year. This is the birthday of Queen Sirikit, the queen consort of Bhumibol Adulyadej, King Rama IX as The queen is esteemed as our mother.
The special day has been celebrated first time since 1976 by NATIONAL COUNCIL ON SOCIAL WELFARE OF THAILAND. On this day, we will see the fantastic decoration on the trees at every side of the road in Bangkok to celebrate in Honors of Her Majesty the Queen.Bangkok Marathon
Place: Bangkok - [ 22/11/2015 ]
An annual event, the Bangkok marathon takes participants down the stunning sights. Starting at Sanam Chai Road in front of the Royal Grand Palace, participants wind down the Chao Phraya River and other city landmarks.more events...
Bangkok Bike 2013
more... more stories...
04 May 2015 a great way to see BKK - by bicycle. Cycling is the new golf :-)
27 Apr 2015 Excellent tour, wonderful and enthusiastic guide.
15 Apr 2015 Pam was awesome. She knows everything. It was so much fun with her.
27 Mar 2015 Our guide was awesome and really made the whole experience. It was a fun evening overall and I'd highly recommend it to my friends.
08 Mar 2015 Gung was a great guide, very knowledgeable on culture and history. She made sure we had memorable experiences. Gung even carried my back pack for part of the tour, thanks Gung.
05 Mar 2015 Was a great way when we had a short amount of time in Bangkok to see the highlights. Really enjoyed our canal and river cruise as well as the Wats and Palace. Would recommend to others.
13 Feb 2015 We felt like this would be a safe, fun way to get acquainted with a fascinating new place (Bangkok). We weren't disappointed in the least. It was a great day!
29 Jan 2015 Between my partner and I we have been to Bangkok multiple times but surprisingly this urban adventure took us to places we hadn't yet been to. The local temples and shrines were interesting with fortune telling and monk blessings thrown in. The street food stalls were a hit with our 16 year old son who even attempted some of the best vegetable dumplings found in Chinatown if not the whole of Bangkok. The Black Chicken Soup with tasty medicinal herbs was my favourite. We really enjoyed our Urban Adventure and our leader Gof was terrific. Thank you for a wonderful experience.
27 Jan 2015 Guide was great. I was disappointed that we didn't get to go to the museum because it was closed. The trip was fine, food was good and the flower market was nice to see. I am very disappointed that the trip voucher stated that the trip joining point and ending point are the Viengtai Hotel. However I found out after the trip started that actually I had to get my own transportation back to the Viengtai Hotel at the end. I had not planned for this in my trip budget. This was unexpected and is not acceptable.
08 Nov 2014 Pam really did a super job. When we met her, we told her that we'd already been to the Golden Mount, so without skipping a beat she suggested that we go to the Dawn Temple instead. When we wanted to stay at the Sikh temple a little longer, she never pushed us to leave and played along well, even taking some great photos with my camera for me. She was patient, flexible, informative,and very friendly--she did a terrific job by all accounts. Very happy with our tour!
The Bangkok Urban Adventure team are passionate about their hometown. From the food and its amazingly friendly people to its history and all those little hidden gems that few tourists get to see. Join them in on an adventure as they introduce you to the city that they lovingly call home.
Feels like: 41°C
Partly sunny. Extremely hot.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.