view cancellation policy
Culture shock rating:
Bangkok by BikeGeneral Info | Photo Gallery | Traveller Feedback
Do your bit to relieve traffic congestion in Thailand's capital by joining this Bangkok tour that trades in the tour bus for the humble bicycle. Cycle through Bangkok's backstreets, along canals, past temples, and houses to see a side of this city that few visitors get to see.
- Venture into the city's secret historic heart and glide through the hidden backstreets of the Bangkok Noi neighbourhood
- Be blown away by the city’s most extravagant temples and landmarks
- Take a glimpse into the everyday lives of local Thai communities
- Experience a more tranquil side of bustling Bangkok
- View the River of Kings or Mae Nam Chao Praya
Tour style:Cycling, Local Life & Culture
Local English-speaking guide, entrance fees as indicated, bikes & helmets.
Drop off transfer, items of a personal nature, tips / gratuities for your guide.
Group size:Maximum 12
- Duration: 4-5 hours
- Meeting point:
Lobby of Nouvo City Hotel, 2 Samsen Rd, Soi 2, Pranakorn, Bangkok
- Starting time: 9.00 AM
- Ending point:
The lobby of the Viengtai Hotel, 42 Rambutri Rd, Banglamphu
Additional information :
- Voucher exchange details:
Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the biking tour in Bangkok.
- Confirmation of booking:
If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We'll see you at the start point.
Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
- Child policy:
Children must be 12 years of age or older. Children below the age of 12 years are not permitted on this biking tour in Bangkok.
- Language: English
When people think of Bangkok, often it conjures up images of traffic jams that last from sunrise to sunset and the thought of riding a bike gives people nightmares. We’re here to show you that pedal power is the way forward in Bangkok! This Bangkok bike tour gives you an interesting insight into an area of Bangkok that few people know about, the very heart and soul of Bangkok - Bangkok Noi.
You’ll start your Bangkok tour near Khao San Road in Banglamphu, and after a quick bike fitting and briefing, you’ll head out ready and raring to go. You’ll begin by winding your way through the back streets of suburban Bangkok and small laneways along the riverside, and cross the famous Rama VIII bridge then ride through a local community. No busy highways for you, this is the real Bangkok and you’ll be journeying right through the heart of it!
You’ll follow the path along the Bangkok Noi Canal, which will lead you to the spectacular Wat Arun. The relaxing bike ride here won’t make you short of breath, but this unbelievable emblem of Bangkok is definitely set to take your breath away. This temple is known for its intricate architectural design and historical significance, and you’ll take a moment at this point to drink in the view and learn about Wat Arun and the surrounding neighbourhood from your local guide.
From Wat Arun, you’ll head back across the river to Pranakorn, over the beautiful Memorial Bridge. Here, you’ll pay a visit to another gorgeous temple named Wat Suthat, home to the largest golden seated Buddha in Thailand. The sight of this giant Buddha is another unforgettable Bangkok moment, and the temple it sits in is equally magnificent.
If those two temples weren’t legendary enough, your final stop on this city tour in Bangkok will take you to Sao Ching Cha, a giant swing which represents the movement of the God Shiva, and each part of the swing represents different parts of the Earth. Get ready to snap your third epic Bangkok landmark photo with this one, it’s a gem!
From here, you’ll head back to where the journey began to finish your Bangkok bike adventure, where you can continue to explore or your local guide will be able to give you directions back to your accommodation. This day tour is a gentle 20km journey through the backstreets and canals of Bangkok, and is suitable for anyone who can ride a bike. No pro skills or wheelie champion medals necessary! We’ll provide you with bikes and helmets, as well as all that local know-how that our Bangkok team are full of.
When you’re deliberating what to do in Bangkok but don’t know where to start, make sure you don’t miss out on this unique and thrilling way to see the city. The decision is easy as riding a bike!
Want to check out what other travellers think of their Urban Adventure experience? See below for our traveller feedback.
- Your overall experience ...................................................................................... 4.86
- Your guide’s enthusiasm, local knowledge and communication skills........................................................................................................................ 4.64
The level of opportunity to learn more about the culture, interact
with locals, and experience their way of life......................................................4.64
The Responsible Travel philosophy implemented on your
Urban Adventure................................................................................................... 4.71
- Did the trip match your expectations?.............................................................. 4.79
Ms. Marta O.
Poland ~ 28 Oct 2014[back to top]
Bike tour is probably the best way to discover Bangkok and any other city! Combination of visiting temples and areas where local people live was amazing experience!
Ms. Andrea C.
Australia ~ 24 Oct 2014[back to top]
What an awesome way to see a different part of Bangkok! Loved seeing the local way of life in a non-intrusive way.
Mr. Paul S.
USA ~ 25 Jun 2014[back to top]
This bike tour (by Ah (spelling?) was GREAT!
Canada ~ 13 Apr 2014[back to top]
'Ah' was fantastic! The most thorough introduction to equipment I've ever had on a tour. Friendly and willing to answer all of questions. Such a great day!
Ms. Nicole J.
Australia ~ 26 Nov 2013[back to top]
ride was great and leader was awesome
Mrs. Berenice W.
Germany ~ 30 Jul 2013[back to top]
Jackie Chan was mint!
Mr. denise b.
Australia ~ 01 May 2013[back to top]
a fun,great way to see the real Bangkok.highly recommended
Ms. Ann W.
USA ~ 04 Apr 2013[back to top]
excellent tour! it was great to see a part of Bangkok that we would have likely not seen walking around ourselves
Mrs. Joey R.
Australia ~ 20 Feb 2013[back to top]
Our guide, who asked us to refer to him as Ah as his given name was quite difficult for us to pronounce, was excellent. His English was great and he gave us the perfect amount of historical and current information about the various sights. We loved how the trip took us through back streets which we would never have otherwise seen. It was fantastic to see how the locals live. I have no hesitation in recommending this trip. In fact, we are still traveling through Thailand and are still saying that we wish we could take Ah traveling through the country with us!
Ms. Jennifer S.
~ 06 Mar 2012[back to top]
An urban adventure is a great way to see a city with authenticity and experience local flavour. The people that I met on the bike tour ended up being my travel companions for the few days that I was in Bangkok and it was nice to share a drink with them after the bike tour, and we actually met up with one of our biking companions in Chaing Mai, where we shared another drink :) I just wanted to give a special recommendation to our tour guide for our urban adventure bike by Bangkok. My friend ended up being physcially ill on the trip and my guide was EXTREMELY COMPASSIONATE AND CARING. I give him five stars!!!! PLEASE pass along my sincerest thanks to him. He was quick to think on his feet in the middle of a very busy intersection, took immediate care of our bikes and got us in a Tuk Tuk so my friend was able to make her way to the hotel and get some help, thus, I was unable to say a proper good-bye and say THANK-YOU to our wonderful guide. He was wonderful, and highly recommended!!!!!
Mr. Yves B.
Canada ~ 13 Jan 2011[back to top]
Bike to was a good way to see more closely the local people in their day to day life. We like a lot going on the small bike lanes.
Mr. Joel G.
USA ~ 12 Aug 2010[back to top]
Excellent tour guide. Very friendly and accommodating. I would DEFINITELY do this again.
If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides a tip - though not compulsory - is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Intrepid Urban Adventures destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour
- Cancellations made more than 2 days prior to travel receive a full refund
- Cancellations made 2 days or less prior to travel attract a 100% cancellation fee.
The Bangkok Urban Adventure team are passionate about their hometown. From the food and its amazingly friendly people to its history and all those little hidden gems that few tourists get to see. Join them in on an adventure as they introduce you to the city that they lovingly call home.
Feels like: 36°C
Scattered clouds. Hot.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.